Friday, April 17, 2009

Humus


No I am not asking you to hum us a few bars of that song you once knew.

Tonight I made humus from scratch and wanted to share the recipe.

As you may know humus is made from chickpeas.

  • Take a can of chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans. Rinse under a water flush
  • Put the peas in a blender or food-processor
  • Add 1/2 C. of lime or lemon juice (I used lime as I had no lemon)
  • Let it turn for a while. Until it is “creamy”
  • Add 1/2 C. olive oil
  • Let the mixer turn until the cream is “perfect”. While it turns:
  • Prepare four big garlic cloves (two cloves are enough for most people) I love garlic, I used 4
  • Stop the blender, crunch the garlic with a garlic-cruncher on top of humus, wait 2-3 min for garlic to “mature”, and mix again
  • Serve it cold!

    I used it as a spread on my talapia filet, delicious!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment